Who are we
BPRemit is an online money transfer service. Our purpose is to make international money transfers safer, faster, cheaper and easier.
“Service” is the transfer of funds through our website or mobile application.
“Personal data” means any information that allows us to directly or indirectly identify you. For example, name, phone number, identification number of any form, email, address or one or more factors related to your.
What information we collect
The personal data we collect and process may include:
- Date of birth,
- Phone number,
- E-mail address.
This data is required by BPRemit to provide the Service. We request this data at registration, before the provision of the Service.
Documents that is required to comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) policy, Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and other legal audits. Such as:
- Proof of identity, e.g.:
- driver’s license,
- national ID,
- residence permit;
- Proof of address, e.g.:
- utility bill,
- bank statement.
Technical data, including information on:
- Page views,
- Downloading applications,
- Operating system,
- Browser type.
This data is used to understand how you use our Service and how we can improve it.
How we use your information
Our main goal in collecting information about users is to provide you with a safe, uninterrupted, efficient Service. We can also use the information you provide to ensure the most effective presentation of the content on our website for you.
We use your information for the following specific purposes:
- register you with an account;
- fulfill your request for a money transfer;
- send you a confirmation;
- notify you of changes in our services;
- prevent fraud;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective way;
- to send you marketing communications in accordance with data protection laws;
- to measure the effectiveness of advertising;
- to display personal reviews of satisfied customers on our website.
How do we protect your data
All data you provide is encrypted on our secure servers. We provide access to your data only to employees who perform the relevant service tasks. All correspondence is also encrypted using the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
How long do we keep your information
We will store information about you that we collect only for the time necessary for the purposes listed above, or in accordance with the requirements of the law.
The period during which we will store information about you will vary depending on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. In general, we will keep our records for up to 5 years in order to fulfill our legal obligations.
We may retain your contact information collected for the purpose of sending you marketing communications in accordance with this policy until you unsubscribe from us.
To whom do we transfer your data
We transfer your personal data to third parties only if it absolutely necessary to provide the Service or to comply with legal requirements.
We will never send your personal data to third parties.
We work with partners to help us to process transactions. If they are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we undertake to transfer your personal data only after they take the necessary protective measures, or make sure that the appropriate data protection system is in place in the respective country, or after ensuring the appropriate level of data processing security in another way.
- right to receive information about the procedure for using your personal data
- right to demand access to the information we have about you
- right to correct and update your personal data in case of their incorrectness or irrelevance
- right to request a deletion of information about you stored by us
- right to demand the removal of links to your personal data, as well as copies or duplicates of open personal data
- right to contact us with a request to stop processing your personal data
Our address: BP REMIT LTD, 1 Northumberland Avenue, Trafalgar square, London WC2N 5BW, UNITED KINGDOM. Email: email@example.com. Message to customer support center.